The event was attended by nearly 200 academics from 85 IOHE member institutions in 16 countries.
This colloquium was performed as part of the project “Experiences in Quality Assurance in Higher Education in Quebec and Chile”, and will be carried out in collaboration with the Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE), the Instituto Interuniversitario de Investigación Educativa (Interuniversity Institute for Educational Research) (IESED–Chile), the Conseil supérieur de l’éducation (Higher Council of Education) (CSE) and the Consorcio de Universidades del Estado de Chile (Consortium of State Universities of Chile) (CUECH), with the financial support of the Ministère des Relations internationales et de la Francophonie du Québec (MRIF).
The event had two panels: The first, “Policies for Quality Assurance in Higher Education. The role of the Agencies for Evaluation.” was moderated by Alejandra Contreras Altman, Executive Director of the Consortium of State Universities of Chile (CUECH) and It was made up of Dr. Andrés Bernasconi Ramírez, President of the National Accreditation Commission, CNA-Chile, and Monsieur Denis Rousseau, President of the Commission d’évaluation de l’enseignement collégial de Québec.
In the second panel, called “Quality Assurance in Higher Education in Quebec and Chile.“, Dr. Claude Mailhot, Professor at the University of Montréal and Dr. María Jacqueline Rojas, Researcher at the Universidad de Playa Ancha and IESED-Chile and the questions were moderated by Dr. Daniel López Stefoni, General Director of IESED-Chile.
Madame Maryse Lassonde participated in the closing of the colloquium. President of the CSE, Québec and Mr. Oscar Garrido, Rector of Universidad de Los Lagos, Chile and President of IOHE
- Presentation | La Promoción de la Calidad en la Universidad de Montreal”, Claude Mailhot, Profesora Titular Vicerrectora Adjunta Honoraria para la Promoción de la Calidad
- Presentation | Aseguramiento de la calidad en la enseñanza colegial: le rol de la Comisión de Evaluación de la Educación Media Superior (CEEC), Denis Rousseau, Presidente Commission d’évaluation de l’enseignement collégial
- Presentation | Aseguramiento de la Calidad de la Educación Superior en Chile. Principales avances, resultados y hallazgos, Jacqueline Rojas Universidad de Playa Ancha Instituto Interuniversitario de Investigación en Educación (IESED-CHILE)
- Presentation | Expériences d’’assurance de la qualité dans l’enseignement supérieur au Québec et au Chili, Fernando Daniels
Directeur de la planification et du développement OUI
The project «Quality Assurance Experiences in Higher Education in Quebec and Chile» is supported by the Ministère des Relations internationales et de la Francophonie du Québec (MRIF) and seeks to deepen the knowledge and Exchange of experiences between Quebec and Chile concerning quality assurance in higher education.
The main objective of this project is to share experiences and good practices on the quality assurance systems in higher education in both countries.
The specific aims are: (1) To know the functioning of the quality assurance systems implemented in higher education institutions (HEIs) in Quebec and Chile; (2) to identify successful experiences and good practices in the implementation of those systems; and (3) to recognize the factors of success of such experiences that could serve as a benchmark for the development of institutional and/or sectorial policies in this field.
This project will facilitate the two countries to create an Academic Forum on higher education quality.
The project is led by the following organizations in Quebec and Chile:
- The Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE), the main association of higher education institutions in the Americas. It has 18 members in Quebec and 24 in Chile;
- The Conseil supérieur de l’éducation (Higher Council of Education) (CSE), from Quebec, an advisory organization of The Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Quebec dealing with the condition and needs of education in the province;
- The Instituto Interuniversitario de Investigación Educativa (Inter-university Institute for Educational Research) (IESED), a a consortium made up of 11 public universities in Chile and the “Programa Interdisciplinario de Investigación en Educación (PIIE)”, with the aim of promoting educational research; and
- The Consorcio de Universidades del Estado de Chile (Consortium of State Universities of Chile) (CUECH), a consortium of 18 state universities aimed to support the development of public universities in the country.