Request for proposals
Funding Opportunity for University Collaborative Research on Implementation of The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) launches a seed fund to support collaborative research between IOHE members on the implementation of the UN SDGs.
In line with IOHE’s mission to contribute to the transformation of HEIs to respond to their social and political contexts through the creation of, and support to, Inter-American collaboration, the goals of this call are twofold:
- Goal 1. To promote collaboration and partnerships among IOHE members, and between members and local communities to advance the implementation of the UN Agenda 2030 through the creation of knowledge that is locally applicable and globally relevant; and
- Goal 2. To learn from exemplary partnership models between HEIs and communities to further the SDGs, which can be effectively adapted for use by others in the IOHE network
- Eligible projects are those which address one or more SDGs or promote the inclusion of the SDGs in curriculum, course design, research, outreach and partnership development to promote the fulfillment of Agenda 2030.
- HEIs applicant must be a member of the Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE): https://oui-iohe.org/en/members-oui/
- The research project must include at least one (1) international partner from another member country of the Americas. Such partners can potentially be another IOHE member, other HEIs, members of the public, private sector and/or a community partner.
- Priority will be given to projects that engage local community partners (e.g., civil society organizations) in the definition and development of the project.
- The proposal will have a duration of up to 18 months.
- IOHE contribution to budget of each proposal is up to CAD $ 10,000
Submission deadline: December 5, 2021 at 23h59 EST (UTC – 4 hrs).
- Applications must be submitted by a member or team of HEIs members of the IOHE. Institutions can submit more than one application.
- Applications must be submitted electronically by an authorized research grants officer, or equivalent, from the IOHE member institution demonstrating support by the institution for the application.
- Applicant HEIs must be up to date with IOHE Members’ Obligations as stated in Article 12 of its Declaration of Principles and Statutes. If you want information about the membership status of your institution, you can write to us at the following email: email@example.com
- The Principal Investigator (PI) must be affiliated with the applicant HEI, which will provide a letter of institutional support for the project.
This grant will have a two-stage adjudication process.
- Stage 1: Letter of Intent
- Stage 2: Full Proposal
Stage 1: Letter of Intent
- Proposals can be submitted in any of the official languages of the IOHE: Spanish, English, French or Portuguese.
- The proposal for Stage 1 (Letter of Intent) must be submitted online before December 5 at 11:59 p.m. EST (UTC – 4 hours):
- The selection of Stage 1 will be announced in early January 2022.
Stage 2: Full Proposal
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a full application by February 25, 2022.
- The selected projects will be announced on March 25, 2022.
- The projects should be launched in April 2022.
- (ESP) Solicitud de Propuestas / Modelo del formulario | Guía para determinar los gastos del proyecto |
- (PT) Chamada para a apresentação de Propostas / Modelo de formulário | Guia para determinar os gastos do projeto |
- (ENG) Request for Proposals / Form template | Guidelines for Project Expenditures |
- (FR) Appel à présentation de propositions / Modèle du formulaire | Guide pour déterminer les dépenses du projet |