Founded in 1998, the College of the Americas (COLAM) is one of the five programs of the Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE) as a cooperation space between universities in the Americas. The establishment of the Inter-American training and research networks that this program encourages, helps meet the needs of higher education institutions (HEIs) and national associations, through Inter-American, interdisciplinary and intercultural activities.
To promote the creation of university networks, to support the training and research on HEI priority issues and those demanded by society, from an interdisciplinary, intercultural and innovative perspective.
The Diploma in Internationalization of Higher Education (DIES) develops the leadership, administrative and strategic management skills of the internationalization of HEIs. The DIES consists of three training modules each with a 60-hour workload spread over 10 weeks:
- “Planning and Management of Internationalization” Module
- “Academic Mobility Strategies” Module
- “Internationalization of the Curriculum: A Global Approach” Module
The DIES is a unique program, combining an Inter-American perspective on the challenges of internationalization of higher education, an interdisciplinary approach in content and educational methods, and the intercultural experience offered to participants. The DIES therefore offers a virtual learning environment that meets the participants’ personal and professional needs, giving them access to an extensive network of contacts and relationships with their internationalization peers in the Americas.
To register : COLAM
The purpose of the Inter-American Innovation Environment Management Training Program (PIFGAI) is to facilitate the development of the leadership, administrative and strategic management skills of innovation environments and ecosystems.
The program is designed with a pedagogical approach focused on building solutions, case study, reflection on professional practices in science, technology and innovation (STI) and on the strategic vision of specific areas to promote and manage innovation environments in the different modalities that can be presented (science and technology parks, innovation hubs, innovation districts, incubators, accelerators, etc.).
The program has a total duration of 130 hours structured around three phases of training:
- Virtual phase: Online training modules (76 hours)
- Intervention project: Personal advice for designing a basic model of an innovation environment or habitat (24 hours)
- Internship: Visit a renowned innovation ecosystem in the Americas (30 hours)
To register : COLAM
Skills and ICT
The Diploma in Knowledge and Tools for the Implementation of Skills Supported by Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) aims to develop skills for designing learning environments through the use of ICTs, to enrich the skills of the participants.
The 170-hour program is divided into three training modules:
- Development of a competency-based training proposal to optimize learning outcomes (60 hours)
- Create ICT-supported learning environments to develop skills (60 hours)
- How to assess skills development in ICT-supported learning environments (50 hours)